cyrus-murder problems with database corruption in the frontend/master

João Assad jfassad at parperfeito.com.br
Thu Mar 31 16:33:19 EST 2005

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, João Assad wrote:
>
>> My db just got corrupted again 2 hours ago. seems like moving 200k
>> mailboxes between backends really speed it up.
>> I have my corrupted mailboxes.db and I can send it to anyone
>> interested in taking a look.

I needed to restart cyrus master and got this error minutes after doing it.

cyrus/mupdate[12614]: IOERROR: mapping /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db file:
Cannot allocate memory
cyrus/mupdate[12614]: failed to mmap /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db file
cyrus/master[12580]: service mupdate pid 12614 in READY state:
terminated abnormally

and after restarting the master instance again after this crash I got this

cyrus/ctl_cyrusdb[13314]: skiplist recovery /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db:
found partial txn, not replaying

Not very helpfull, but at least its a different message.

Regards

João Assad