How do I get cyradm to authenticate with TLS

pascal at linuxorable.net pascal at linuxorable.net
Wed Mar 30 13:21:17 EST 2005

Quoting Richard Wohlstadter <rwohlsta at watson.wustl.edu>:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm in the process of setting up cyrus and I've run into a little
> snag.  I want to restrict plaintext passwords on the standard imap
> port so users are forced to STARTTLS the connection.  I have set
> allowplaintext to 0 in imapd.conf to set this, but now cannot get
> cyradm to authenticate with it complaining:
>
> Login only available under a layer at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line
> 118
>
> So does cyradm support a TLS connection?

No, the cyradm command doesn't work with imaps.

You need to run a second imapd server to connect to with cyradm.
This second server runs only for cyradm

Add this line to cyrus.conf:

imaplocal cmd="imapd -C /etc/imapd-local.conf" listen="127.0.0.1:imap"
prefork=0

and the imapd-local.conf (you can choose any else name) needs to look
like that:

http://www.linuxorable.net/article.php3?id_article=62

The comment are in french but you don't need to copy them

Hoppe this can help you

Pascal

> I know TLS is working because i can do imtest -t "" -u cyrus
> localhost and it works fine.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Rich
> ---

SKYPE: la téléphonie par internet
http://www.linuxorable.net/article.php3?id_article=94