folders created with cyradm not deletable by cyradm

Stefan Schlörholz stefan at schloerholz.de
Wed Mar 30 15:30:54 EST 2005

Hi there,

Again I rely on you. In cyradm I created a mailbox to solve another
problem (posted before and not yet solved: bringing back the special
mailboxes).

I logged in to cyradm as cyrus. I created the folders user.hans.INBOX,
user.hans.INBOX.Sent and user.hans.INBOX.Drafts.

Since this did help with my problem of missing special folders I want to
delete them again e.g. using "dm user.hans.INBOX.Sent". cyradm sais
"Permission denied". When logging in as user hans and doing a "dm
INBOX.Drafts" I get "Invalid mailbox name". This also is the case when
trying to access/delete this folders by a client (KMail).

Doing a "dm INBOX" as user hans I get "Operation is not supported on
mailbox". A "lm" as user hans gives me (beside others) two INBOX
folders
INBOX (\HasChildren) and
INBOX (\Noinferiors)
INBOX.Drafts (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX.Sent (\HasNoChildren)

Can anybody help in order to get rid of those folders?

Best regards

Stefan