tls certificates for old Mac clients

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 31 11:54:49 EST 2005

probably venturing on the edges being off-topic here but I have been
struggling with creating certificates for the Microsoft/Macintosh OS 9
versions of Internet Explorer/Outlook Express (they of course are
intertwined).

I have found that my server certificates with the private key removed
work ok with Netscape 7 on these Mac clients but all of my attempts to
create something that Internet Explorer doesn't complain about it being
invalid seems to elude me. Has anyone found a methodology that works?

Craig