EMBARRASSING TO THE LIST: Re: *WARNING* Your EmailAccount Will Be Closed

Marco Colombo marco at esi.it
Fri Jun 3 08:45:51 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 18:51 +0200, Ulf Rasch wrote:

> Marco Colombo wrote:
> [snip]
> > Interesting theories. But they seem to backfire on you, since, according
> > to Mr. Jeffrey T Eaton <jeaton at cmu.edu> this list _is_ closed:
> > "The list is not now, nor ever has been, open-posting.  Posting is
> >  restricted to subscribers, or to those users local to cmu.edu"
> >
> > Then it must be one of those lists that let you configure your sending
> > address, which is good. I must have done that at subscription time, and
> > later forgot about it.
> >
> > Anyway it doesn't make much a difference, as you can see. Open or close
> > is just a policy. If you think of it as an anti spam measure, it doesn't
> > work. Sometimes, even advanced measures fail.
> >
> > Anyway, given that the list is restricted, there's no point in
> > discussing...
> >
> > .TM.
>
> Well, if this list is closed then maybe the subscriber with the address:
>
> XXXXXXXX at andrew.cmu.edu
> XXXX at andrew.cmu.edu
>
> could be dropped from the list.

If you don't like their policy, please bring the issue with the list
management. You know, they can be easily reached at owner-info-
cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu as per the Sender: header.

Addressing the list (or me) on this matter is pointless, since we - the
other subscribers and me - are not more capable of changing list
policies than you are. Your message was just received by thousands (?)
people who are not able to fulfill your request, no matter what they
think about it.

.TM.
--
     /      /       /                   Marco Colombo