torture continues! Another install error with cyrus imap

Imran Aziz jalal7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:53:10 EDT 2005

Hello All,
 I have been trying for more then a week to get cyrus running, but
somehow get one error or the other. The latest one was due to Berkley
DB. so I uninstalled the RPM and installed the latest Berkly DB, but
now when I try to compile cyrus imap I get this error

checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for struct tm.tm_zone... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... no
checking authorization method... unix
checking db.h usability... yes
checking db.h presence... yes
checking for db.h... yes
configure: error: Berkeley DB 3.x or later was not found.  You may need to
    supply the --with-bdb-libdir or --with-bdb-incdir configure options.

Can anyone please guide me, it was compiling perfectly fine in the
morning, but now it just gives me this error on running this configure
command

./configure \
--with-sasl=/usr/local/lib \
--with-perl \
--with-auth=unix \
--with-dbdir=/usr/local/bdb \
--with-bdb-libdir=/usr/local/bdb/lib \
--with-bdb-incdir=/usr/local/bdb/include \
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl \
--without-ucdsnmp \

Can anyone please save my life, and sort this out. I promise I will
never come into Unix territory and stay with easy installs of windows.

Imran.