torture continues! Another install error with cyrus imap

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jun 7 10:20:03 EDT 2005

Am Di, den 07.06.2005 schrieb Imran Aziz um 15:44:

> Lars thank you for your response, I did use those RPMS and they
> install okay, but get the same login issue, and errors in the log, in
> addition the RPM does not use PAM as the authentication method, so
> cannot use it since I need to integrate Cyrus IMAP with Postfix.

Of course Cyrus-IMAPd packaged by Simon Matter in his RPM can be
configured to use PAM. Of course as it is a runtime setting and not by
compile time.
Second, if you are really hit by the NPTL problem with BDB - I have some
doubts as your hardware would be then very weak and not a good platform
for Open-Xchange -, you then should use Simon's patch (available on his
server too; see his remarks) and rpmbuild the RHEL BDB SRC.RPM with it.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 16:19:27 up 14 days, 14:57, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.03