Cyrus import from Exchange

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Jun 13 23:22:36 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 17:03 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 10.06.2005 schrieb Giovanni Mellini um 15:26:
>
> > I need to import many mailboxes in Exchange pst format.
> > I'm looking for a tool that can do this work.
> > Did someone knows?
>
> > Giovanni
>
> That will only cause you pain. Better use imapsync (IMAP <-> IMAP) to
> migrate the existing mails.
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/imapsync/

This brings to mind a question I've been thinking of...

Does anyone know if Exchange supports proxy authentication of any form?
I'm working with a company that is firmly embedded with Exchange but
they'd like a way to archive messages.  I was thinking a script that
slurped old messages over into a Cyrus server via IMAP would fit the
bill nicely, but I have not been able to ascertain whether or not
Exchange (2003, I think) can handle proxy authentication.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *