Nothing authenticates with cyrus IMAP -- may be cyrus-sasl problem

Ondrej Sury ondrej at sury.org
Fri Jun 24 07:33:16 EDT 2005

It won't work unless you fix errors I have copied below.  It's not
cyrus-sasl error, but cyrus-sasl configuration error.

Also please not that document you refered to contains some errors (or
possible errors), so you should really read the docs and understand what
you are doing.

F.E.:
"allowplaintext: yes" option is missing from /etc/imapd.conf
"virtdomains: userid" should be rather used (unless you really want what
"virtdomains: on" is for).

Also this guy is enabling saslauthd and not really using it, etc.  If
you really don't need this exact setup, you should rather go either for
vanilla cyrus-imapd/sasl or your distribution specific version.
Applying numerous patches doesn't help when you are in trouble.

BTW: contents of your /etc/imapd.conf could also help tracking errors.

Ondrej.

--
Ondrej Sury <ondrej at sury.org>