Cyrus - Postfix

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jun 20 11:28:32 EDT 2005

Am Mo, den 20.06.2005 schrieb Thor Vik um 16:53:

> When I connect to the imap server from mail client (MS outlook) I only see
> the inbox folder with no emails. I have testet both the postfix and cyrus.
> And postfix send emails. I can find them in /var/mail. I also can log in to
> Cyrus, both at server side and client side. Hovever Cyrus uses
> default-partition /var/spool/cyrus/mail
>
> I am not sure but I have a feeling that cyrus doesn't look where postfix put
> the email, but I can't figure out where to set/view these directives.

> Wingthor

It is more your Postfix does not know about the different mail storage
with Cyrus-IMAPd (Postfix uses a local mailer like procmail; you will
have to migrate mail which got in falsely so far). So tell Postfix to
hand over the mail to Cyrus-IMAPd using the LMTP socket. Several
examples are to be found using google.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:25:41 up 27 days, 16:03, load average: 0.12, 0.13, 0.12