cyrus imapd authentication problem

Matt Schwartz mschwartz at dcscorp.net
Sun Jun 26 21:38:12 EDT 2005

Hi, I am tearing my hair out over this one.  When I run an imtest -m
login localhost, I keep getting an L01 NO Login failed error and a
generic failure.  What could this mean?   I have configured imapd.conf's
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd.  I have saslauthd set to pam and when I
run a saslauthdtest, it works fine.  My syslog give me an error like
this: badlogin: localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]  plaintext cyrus
SASL(-1): generic failure: checkpass failed.  In my auth.log, I get
cannot connect to saslauthd server: Permission denied.  Any ideas would
be met with appreciation.

Thank you,
Matt