Saslauthd and 2 authentication mechanism

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Jun 30 15:18:14 EDT 2005

Igor Brezac schreef:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to use 2 authentication mechanisms with Saslauthd. When the first
>> one gives "no", it should try the other one.
>>
>> The man-page says: "saslauthd supports one or more 'authentication
>> mechanisms',
>
> This does not say that you can use more than one concurrently.
>
> You can use only one at a time.

Are you really sure? This is important for me.

/etc/defaults/saslauthd in Debian says:

# You must specify the authentication mechanisms you wish to use.
# This defaults to "pam" for PAM support, but may also include
# "shadow" or "sasldb", like this:
# MECHANISMS="pam shadow"

I want to use "pam ldap".

With regards,