Tunning for large number of files in INBOX

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jun 30 13:03:00 EDT 2005

-- Andreas Hasenack <ahasenack at terra.com.br> is rumored to have mumbled on
30. Juni 2005 13:22:12 -0300 regarding Re: Tunning for large number of
files in INBOX:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 02:56:58PM -0600, Michael Loftis wrote:
>> clients retrofitted to squak IMAP.  Get a real IMAP client like Mulberry
>> that takes advantage of server side sorting, threading, and searching to
>> allow for (nearly) limitless mailboxes but not download each and every
>> header.
>
> Is there a "real IMAP client" which is free software?
> I have seen this "downloading *all* headers" behaviour with every free
> imap client I have tried.

So maybe it's time to try one that's not free? I'm all for OSS, but
Mulberry is worth every cent.

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK