cyrus, postfix, sasl and defaultdomain

Howard Shere hmsme at greendragon.com
Thu Jun 30 11:33:07 EDT 2005

We are moving to cyrus/postfix. I have moved one of our other servers
already so I have most of it working.

The issue is that we have one domain with a lot of users and they
currently authenticate with just their user names and we'd like to not
have to make them all change their settings.

I can get everything to work without using defaultdomain: in the
imap.conf, but when I use defaultdomain: I can't seem to get web-cyradm
to create the right entries in the mysql tables so that mail gets
delivered to the accounts and so that I can log in with the mail client
without the FQDN.

Can someone enlighten me on the setup I need for the defaultdomain to
work without FQDN and for web-cyradm to work on this domain and the
other virtual domains as well?

Howard Shere
Altair 8800a to Mac OS X so far...