Cyrus + /etc/aliases

Gerard Ceraso gerard at devslash.org
Thu Jun 30 16:21:00 EDT 2005

I have a postfix server delivering mail to my cyrus imap server. I have
the aliases setup on the smtp server and things seem to be fine with
postfix. But I keep getting bounced messages and errors in the log that
point to something with the imap server.

imap postfix/lmtp[17929]: C48BE54077: to=<root at imap.example.com>,
relay=imap.example.com[192.168.1.32], delay=0, status=bounced (host
imap.example.com[192.168.1.32] said: 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there
is no mailbox associated with this 550-name or you do not have
authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO
command))

any suggestions why the aliases are not working?