cyrus quota beavior

Christian Anton mail at christiananton.de
Fri Jul 1 06:01:41 EDT 2005

Hi list,

i use web-cyradm in the actual cvs version and have the following problem with
cyrus and its quotas:

I use the option:
lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 1
in my imapd.conf to ensure that when the mailbox's quota is over, the mail is
rejected to the sender.

But it seems that cyrus acceps a message if it is bigger than the quota
allows. For example, the user has 4MB free space in his mailbox, he gets an
email of 6MB space. The mail will be accepted and the user is over quota.

The problem: It is not anymore possible to delete this mail because most of my
users use IMAP or squirrelmail and when they "delete" a message it ist moved
to "Trash"-Folder. Moving a message is not possible because the mailbox is
OVER quota.

Is it possible to make cyrus not only reject mails when the quota is already
reached but rejecting them if they would not fit in the mailbox?

I hope you could understand my poor english...

Christian