moving message on nearly full mailbox with IMAP

Christian Anton mail at christiananton.de
Fri Jul 1 13:44:55 EDT 2005

Hi everybody again,

As Ken helped me with my feature request for the quota behavior of cyrus-imapd
i now have one more question i don't understand.

If i have a Mailbox with 5MB quota, there is 4.9MB in use and i want to move
one message with 1 MB from one folder to another, cyrus gives me an error
message that says i'm "over quota".
Why does moving a message need space in the mailbox, i don't want to copy it
but to move.

Tried so with squirrelmail and the webmail-Interface of openxchange.

Thank you all in advance

Christian