Thunderbird with shared folders

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 6 07:39:07 EDT 2005

Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> In Thunderbird, when the user sends mail from the main identity, the
> message is stored in "user.foo.Sent", and all works as expected.
> However, when mail is sent from the second configured identity, it is
> supposed to be copied to "user.bar". This isn't happening - thunderbird
> just hangs at this point trying to copy the sent message to the
> configured folder. A protocol trace shows that it's doing completely the
> wrong thing:-
>
> 16 OK Completed
> 17 list "" "INBOX^^user^bar"
> 17 OK Completed (0.000 secs 1 calls)
> 18 create "INBOX^^user^bar"
> 18 NO Invalid mailbox name
> 19 IDLE
> + idling
>
> Obviously the reference to "INBOX" in the mailbox path it's using is
> completely wrong. Has anyone seen this before with a Cyrus setup, and
> are there any known workarounds?

This most likely has to do with the advanced settings on the server tab
for this account. There are some name space config options that can be
changed on the client. Sorry to say I don't have a clue what you would
change them to but it's something for you to experiment with. :)

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center System Admin