quotas not working a x86_64?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 5 17:00:29 EDT 2005

-- Paul Raines <raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> is rumored to have mumbled on
5. Juli 2005 16:32:52 -0400 regarding Re: quotas not working a x86_64?:

> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>> Its possible.  I'm fairly certain that the code has been tested
>> successfully  on 64-bit Solaris.  It seems odd that the quota file looks
>> OK (which means  that the code successfully handled writing the limit
>> and usage), but fails a  quota check.
>
> Actually I was setting the quota to '2000000000' which I thought was 2GB,
> but I guess now was 2TB.  THe system seemed to take it.  Is there some
> maximum for a quota in the system like 2GB no matter what the setting is?

We had this discussion a little while ago. In the current code the quota is
set in KBs, but calculated in bytes. It's a 32 bit variable, so the limit
is 2 GB ... this will be different in 2.3
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK