Skiplist recovery?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jul 6 02:40:33 EDT 2005

I've had a couple of my users' seen DBs, which are skiplist, go south
recently.  Since ctl_cyrusdb in 2.2.12 doesn't actually check the seen
databases, I looked around for a recovery utility, but found none.  I
tried to use cvt_cyrusdb to convert them from skiplist to skiplist and
skiplist to text, but I got errors every time.  I moved the defective
DBs so they could be re-recreated (at least one person was unable to
actually re-mark them messages read).  From running 'strings' on the bad
DBs and comparing a flat-file dump of a good DB, it looks like all or at
least most of the data is there--enough that it would be less annoying
than having all messages marked unread.  So before I dig into this
myself, has anyone tried to write a utility that recovers, brutally if
necessary, skiplist databases?

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *