Postfix and Cyrus virtual setup

Jason Walker jwalker at openconsultants.net
Thu Jul 7 16:48:13 EDT 2005

Greetings,

	I have setup my mail server to use Postfix for SMTP and am using Cyrus
for IMAP. I'm trying to create a virtual alias of sorts for addresses in
a specific virtual domain. We are moving from first name, last initial
to first initial, last name and so of course need to make aliases for
the old style. here's an example of how I need mail forwarded/aliased
for a user named "John Doe":

johnd at example.com: jdoe at example.com

	I realize this might be more of a Postfix issue than Cyrus, but thought
I would ask here anyways.
	Presently I have this in my /etc/postfix/main.cf:

mailbox_transport = cyrus
virtual_transport = cyrus

	As the virtual transport is now cyrus instead of postfix's "virtual"
delivery agent, I don't have any documentation on how to make this work
as everything about Postfix vhosting is in regards to their "virtual" agent.
	Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Jason Walker