Postfix and Cyrus virtual setup

Howard Shere hmsme at greendragon.com
Fri Jul 8 12:01:48 EDT 2005

On Jul 8, 2005, at 8:24 AM, Jason Walker wrote:

> I'm not using web-cyradm at this point. Is there a way to do this
> without web-cyradm?

I would guess that there is, but I have no idea. I set up web-cyradm
when I setup everything else because I dislike having to type commands
if I don't have to. web-cyradm also allows for domain specific admins
so I can setup domains for others and then let them deal with creating
their email addresses. Less work for me.

> Howard Shere wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 7, 2005, at 3:48 PM, Jason Walker wrote:
>>
>>>     I have setup my mail server to use Postfix for SMTP and am using
>>> Cyrus
>>> for IMAP. I'm trying to create a virtual alias of sorts for
>>> addresses in
>>> a specific virtual domain. We are moving from first name, last
>>> initial
>>> to first initial, last name and so of course need to make aliases for
>>> the old style. here's an example of how I need mail forwarded/aliased
>>> for a user named "John Doe":
>>>
>>> johnd at example.com: jdoe at example.com
>>>
>>>     I realize this might be more of a Postfix issue than Cyrus, but
>>> thought
>>> I would ask here anyways.
>>>

>> You should be able to do this in web-cryadm by adding a 2nd email
>> address to each account. postfix will pic that up and deliver mail for
>> both addresses to the same account. There is no need for an alias
>> file.

Howard Shere
Altair 8800a to Mac OS X so far...