sieve and frontends

Patrick H Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Sun Jul 10 17:10:15 EDT 2005

Hey Ken,

I found that things worked with sieve shell when I allowed plain text
logins on both the backend and the frontend, and when I rain sieveshell
with --notls.

example:
sieveshell -u tc2154c -a tc2154c --notls tofu
connecting to tofu
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/bin/sieveshell line
173.
Please enter your password:
> list
Please enter your password:
ingo  <- active script

As for the protcol logs.
Client to frontend is the same for both tls/notls
---------- tc2154c Sun Jul 10 16:50:24 2005

<1121028625<LISTSCRIPTS
>1121028625>BYE (REFERRAL "sieve://bacon.cc.columbia.edu") "Try Remote."

For client to backend, the log only appears with the --notls option

---------- tc2154c Sun Jul 10 16:51:17 2005

<1121028677<LISTSCRIPTS
>1121028677>"ingo" ACTIVE
OK
<1121028682<LOGOUT>1121028682>OK "Logout Complete"

I don't see anything wrong with the protocol but I'm guessing its a tls
issue.

Now that I'm paying more attention, I may have the Cyrus perl libs from
2.3 on my machine (I've been doing lots of cvs testing) since I don't
think the 2.2.12 release of sieveshell had tls support (I could be wrong
though)

-Patrick