auxprop sql logging to database

John Fawcett johnml at michaweb.net
Sun Jul 10 03:56:44 EDT 2005

I used to authenticate using saslauthd and pam to a mysql database. The
pam_mysql library had a feature for logging each authentication by
writing a row to a log table. I mostly used this to check failed
attempts, but also collect some aggregated user statistics.

Now I have moved over to using auxprop sql, I don't seem to have any way
of logging these connections in the database, except by parsing the
syslog messages. Is this correct?

If so, a "sasl_sql_log" parameter would be an interesting new feature.

John