pop3d stopped performing login

Ingo Freund Ingo.Freund at e-dict.net
Tue Jul 12 06:48:57 EDT 2005

Thomas Hager wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 23:00 +0200, Ingo Freund wrote:
>
>>from one second to the next our cyrus pop3ds service stopped
>>to login its users, while the imaps side continues its work
>>properly.
>
> sounds like the good old pop3 dev random issue. see:
>
> http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/POP3DevRandomIssue
>
> for details.

Not this and no reboot did help, the error stayed.
After a long time of trying this and that the only solution
seemed to be a file system check on the binary partition of the
concerned machine. The check didn't tell about any errors, but
after running it pop3d began working normally.
I still have no idea what it could have been.

--
Bye
Ingo