pop3d stopped performing login

Ingo Freund Ingo.Freund at e-dict.net
Thu Jul 14 10:32:21 EDT 2005

Michael King wrote:
> Ingo,
>
> Specifically, I'd look at your entropy generation for /dev/random.  Last
> time I had this problem, that's what it was.  I switched it to the ethernet
> interrupt, and no more problems.

Hi Michael,

is the entropy generation only for pop3d (did not work) or for
imapd (which worked fine) also?
Where (or better how) did you switch to ethernet interrupt?
I still think it must have been something wrong in the
filesystem because the error continued over reboots and
the entropy of that Maschine should be high enough.
It homes an apache server and a database and a Netsaint
Network Monitor for about 30 machines with 100 services...

Thanks for your answer,
Ingo.