Cyrus bug? -> Strange over quota behaviour in cyrus imapd 2.2.12

Per-Olov Sjöholm pos at incedo.org
Tue Jul 12 18:03:50 EDT 2005

Hi list

My mailclient just started to show info about I am reaching 90% of my mail
quota... which is false. I am using kmail in my daily work, but have tested
this with evolution as well.

In cyradm I have since a long time had the value of quota set to 5000000
(5gig). On disk a "du -h /var/spool/imap/user/imapuserid/" shows 924M. When
this happens cyradmin shows 14% usage of the mailbox (seems ok according to
diskusage).... I have tried a su -m _cyrus -c
'/usr/local/libexec/cyrus-imapd/quota -f -C /etc/imapd.conf as well which
also shows 14% usage.

When I instead in cyradmin set the quota to 5000000000 (5000gig) the
mailclient reports a mailbox that is over quota??? When I disable the quota
by not setting it for the mailbox the quota warnings go away.

Is this some kind of overflow bug in cyrus ?
Is this a known problem? And is there a better workaround?

(my filesystem is consistent with OS quota unlimited)
Thanks in advance
Per-Olov Sjöholm
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE