backslash in addresses?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Tue Jul 12 22:17:20 EDT 2005

If an email address starts with backslash ("\"), sendmail will not
perform alias substituion.  I'm attempting to use that feature inside my
Sieve script (generated by Horde's Ingo application) as follows:

if true {
    redirect "\\alex at milivojevic.org";
    keep;
}

However, I'm getting an error from timsieved:

script errors: line 7: address '\alex at milivojevic.org': parse error,
unexpected $undefined.

Does this means Sieve does not support "backslashed" addresses, or my
Sieve script manager program generated errornous script?  If later, what
would be the correct way to escape backslash that is part of email address?

Thanks,
Aleksandar Milivojevic