No CYRUSV2_MAILER_MAX macro?

Fred Bacon bacon at aerodyne.com
Wed Jul 13 15:16:40 EDT 2005

I'm attempting to set a limit on the maximum size of messages handled by
our email system.  I'm using cyrus imapd 2.2.12 and sendmail 8.13.4 on a
Fedora Core 3 system.  I want to set the M= equate for the cyrusv2
mailer in my sendmail.mc file with something like

   define(`CYRUSV2_MAILER_MAX',`20000000')

but it appears that this is not defined in the cyrusv2.m4 file.
I don't want to enable quotas for the system.  I can hand edit the
sendmail.cf file, but that's not a very robust solution to the problem.
Is there a more appropriate way to implement this constraint?

Perhaps it would be better for me to add

   _OPTINS(`CYRUSV2_MAILER_MAX', `C=', `, ')

in the appropriate location in the cyrusv2.m4 file and maintain that
patch.  That would certainly be simpler than hand editing the cf file
every time I make a minor change.

Fred

 Fred Bacon                                     email: bacon at aerodyne.com
 Aerodyne Research, Inc.                         http://www.aerodyne.com
 45 Manning Rd                                  Phone: (978) 663-9500 ext 273
 Billerica, MA 01821-3976                         FAX: (978) 663-4918