delprune and tlsprune

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jul 14 06:13:57 EDT 2005

Hallo itlistuser at rapideye.de,

--On 14. Juli 2005 7:44:28 Uhr +0000 itlistuser at rapideye.de wrote:

> last night i had to restore all the messages in my inbox because
> cyr_expire
> and tls_prune, expired all messages in there. (the messages in subfolders
> were
> not touched).

that's strange in more than one respect. All ways of expiring messages in
mailboxes that I'm familiar with affect entire hierarchies, i.e. folders
and all their subfolders.

> The man page of cyr_expire states that i have to have
> a /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire file controlling the expiration. But i
> have
>
> not such a file.

It's not a file, but a folder annotation. Do this using cyradm:

info your-mailbox-here

E.g.:

> info user/xxx
{user/xxx}:
  expire: 1
  lastupdate: 14-Jul-2005 04:00:22 +0200
  partition: default
  size: 0

This mailbox has all mail expired that's older than one day.

> The parameter -E 3 shall tell cyr_expire to clean the
>  duplicates database. Does it also affect the messages in the inbox?

No.

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK