Cyrus connection problem

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Tue Jul 19 02:25:30 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Sorry for probably asking again, but I can not read the archives!
Searching goes, just the reading of individual messages doesn't work.
Webmaster, please check on this.

Anyway here my question.
I've installed cyrus-imapd on Mandrake 10.2, and now have connection
problems.
Locally (connecting through localhost) it goes fine: connect to imapd on
normal imap, no problem.
Over the network it goes wrong. I've a local network, and when
connecting from my laptop to imapd on 192.168.1.1 I can not connect.
Telnet to that box on imap and imaps ports give a "connection refused".
Syslog shows "imapd refused connection from ..." with the IP address of
my laptop. The ports are opened in my firewall, with firewall disabled I
get exactly the same errors.

Please advice!

Installed software (from Mandrake rpm):
cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-7mdk