server side sorting on date

Richard Wohlstadter rwohlsta at watson.wustl.edu
Wed Jul 20 10:09:58 EDT 2005

Anyone out there know if Cyrus 2.2.12 has any problems doing server side
sort by date?  We've noticed when our squirrelmail has the option
enabled to do server side sorting, that the dates are sometimes
out-of-order on emails that were migrated from our old system.  The
headers of the emails look correct and when I disabled server side sort
and let the client handle it everything is sorted properly.  We also
have users using thunderbird and mozilla mail with no problems, however
I am not sure if these clients use the SORT imap extension.  Anyone with
any ideas?

Rich Wohlstadter
Genome Sequencing Center
Washington University of Saint Louis