XFER fails for users with quota set

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Wed Jul 20 15:29:55 EDT 2005

I'm trying to move users between two backend machines.

If the user has a quota, I get this message

xfermailbox: The remote Server(s) denied the operation

the log file on the machine the user is to be moved too has this in
the log file

Jul 20 15:25:09 alpenwurst imap[16698]: kick_mupdate: can't connect
to target: No such file or directory

the machine the user is on has this in the log

Jul 20 15:25:09 bratwurst imap[4769]: Could not move mailbox:
user.phr2101test, failed setting initial quota root

I'm running Cyrus 2.3.

Is this a bug? Known issue? Configuration problem on my part?

thanks,

Patrick