[Mail Scanned!] Re: [Mail Scanned!] Re: Sieve

Damian Chia damian at science.nus.edu.sg
Wed Jan 12 01:30:40 EST 2005

Hi Bryan,

I ca do a telnet localhost sieve, this is the result:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.8-Invoca-RPM-2.2.8-1"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"
"STARTTLS"
OK

When i issue 'netstat' this is the result:
tcp        0      0 *:sieve                 *:*                     LISTEN

Under /etc/service:
sieve           2000/tcp                        # Sieve Mail Filter Daemon
sieve           2000/udp                        # Sieve Mail Filter Daemons:

I don't know whats wrong, when I check the log files, I saw this:

timsieved: could not getenv(CYRUS_SERVICE); exiting

in my imapd.conf:
sievedir: /usr/sieve
sieveusehomedir: 0
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail