Mailbox does not exist

JB Hewit johnblade at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 00:12:46 EST 2005

This is my first time Cyrus install.  I'm running Debian Woody with a
backported Cyrus 2.1 and I'm having an issue with being able to view
the Imap folders.

I have created the IMAP mailbox with cyradm and can send e-mails to
it.  But when I log in as the user's who's mailbox it is I can an
error 'Mailbox does not exist' from the IMAP client (Thunderbird).

Here's what I get when I list the mailboxes:
 mail:/var/lib/cyrus/log/ahumohi# cyradm --user=manager localhost
 IMAP Password:
               soapbox>
 soapbox> lm
 user.ahumohi (\HasNoChildren)
 user.manager (\HasNoChildren)

So the mailbox is there.  This was created with 'cm user.ahumohi'.
I have looked at logging to see what happens, here's when I try to
login with Thunderbird.

mail:/var/lib/cyrus/log/ahumohi# less 4194
---------- ahumohi Mon Jan 10 14:50:31 2005

>1105332631>1 OK User logged in
<1105332631<2 select "INBOX"
>1105332631>2 NO Mailbox does not exist

Clearly the Mailbox is there, just that when I log in as 'ahumohi',
Cyrus doesn't seem to match up the mailbox with the user.  The user
Ahumohi is in a LDAP tree, but cyrus uses SASL to authenticate through
PAM so it shouldn't make any difference as far as I know.

Here's my imapd.conf:
mail:/etc# grep -v '^\( *#\| *$\)' imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
defaultpartition: default
partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
newsspool: /var/spool/news
userprefix: Other Users
sharedprefix: Shared Folders
altnamespace: yes
unixhierarchysep: yes
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
admins: cyrus manager
sieve_admins: cyrus manager
proxyservers: cyrus manager
allowanonymouslogin: no
popminpoll: 1
autocreatequota: 0
umask: 077
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
hashimapspool: true
allowplaintext: yes
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_auto_transition: no
tls_ca_path: /etc/ssl/certs
tls_session_timeout: 1440
tls_cipher_list: TLSv1:SSLv3:SSLv2:!NULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!LOW:@STRENGTH
lmtpsocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
idlesocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/idle
notifysocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/notify
defaultacl: anyone lrs
logtimestamps: no
plaintextloginpause: 0
loginuseacl: no
singleinstancestore: yes
duplicatesuppression: yes
reject8bit: no
autocreateinboxfolders: Spam | Sent | Drafts | Templates | Trash
autosubscribeinboxfolders: Spam | Sent | Drafts | Templates | Trash
createonpost: 1

Can anyone help me? I've been tearing through documentation to no avail...
--
Regards,
      JB Hewitt