ptloader setup

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Thu Jan 6 21:25:48 EST 2005

>> You are getting bad password error.  This is not related to ptloader.
>>
>> -Igor
>
> OK, so what am I missing between the ptloader (which obviously
> retrieves the correct information from the LDAP server as shown by a
> ptdump) and imapd (which refuses to believe that the username/password
> combination as supplied is correct)? Once again, I post my imapd.conf as

Password is authentication. ptload is only involved in authorization,
after the password has been checked. If checkpass is failing, you aren't
getting that far. ptloader doesn't care a whit about your password.

checking passwords is done via sasl. (the sasl_checkpass call is made from
within imapd, notably)