Cyrus Handling Mailbox Delivery

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Jan 5 21:27:46 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 17:58, Christopher Pietrzykowski wrote:
> I would like to have both virtual and local users receiving mail.
> Which Postfix transport do Cyrus users use to accomplish this? Can I
> first let Postfix deliver the mail via Cyrus and then if Cyrus fails
> to find a mailbox it sends it via any "other" fallback in Cyrus? Or
> should I be defining "specifically" which transport to use by address
> in Postfix?

If the virtual users and the local users are on different
domains(vhosts) it can be done.

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 18:46, Paolo Negri wrote:
> There are many ways to get what you want.
> In postfix there's the possibility to specify a transport table
>
> http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

eg:

[taken from the book  - Postfix - The definitive guide]

mailbox_transport - Local processing 1st. Expand aliases/.forward b4
given to LMTP(cyrus)
local_transport - No expansion of aliases/.forwards
fallback_transport - Aliases/.forwards are expanded. If the recipient
has a normal account on the syetm, delivery is made to th appropriate
mail store on the system. If no such account exist, delivery is
delegated to the postfix LMTP client for delivery to the LMP server. If
you have actual accounts on the system that should receive email
messages in the ceonventional message store, and the rest of your email
users do not have a sys acc but do receive mail through the Cyrus IMAP
server, you should configure the fallback_tansport to use LMTP delivery.

They just determine how much processing should postfix do before
handling over to cyrus.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz