Sieve Script errors - permission denied writing to sub folders

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Mon Jan 10 01:47:00 EST 2005

Mark,

A point of clarification: is the permissions problem writing to the
folder or executing the script?  Also, is the folder user.mark.XXX
owned and writable by the cyrus user?  You mat be looking at UNIX
system permission issues and not cyrus issues.

-- Rob

--On Monday, January 10, 2005 08:20:22 AM +0200 Mark Clarke
<Mark at ClarkeConsulting.co.za> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am new to cyrus and sieve. I have setup the following sieve script
>

> require ["fileinto","reject"];
>
> if address :domain contains: "To" "XXX.abc.org"
> {
> 	fileinto "INBOX.XXX";
> }
>

> When i run this script I can see that the rule is applied but
> according to the logs "permission is denied" writing into the
> subfolder. Messages are delivered into the main "Inbox" folder just
> fine though.
>
> I have checked the permissions on the folder with cyradm
> listacl user.mark.XXX
> (and get)
> mark lrswicd
>

> Any help appreciated