cyrus-IMAP cluster

Chad A. Prey prey at salk.edu
Mon Jan 10 20:09:03 EST 2005

I am wondering if any of you out there are running cyrus in a cluster?
If so, how did you do it? and how would you do it if you had to do it
all over again?

We are currently using cyrus with perdition which works fine, however,
ideally the situation would be that a user could connect to either IMAP
server though a load-balancer with the /var/spool/imap folders shared
between both machines on a Fibre channel disk array.

We only have 1200 users but they are heavy, abusive users. Our current
cyrus build is on WBEL (like RHEL) 2.4 kernel. I am especially keen to
hear from those that have actually done this.

--
>     Chad A. Prey    <
Sr. Systems Administrator
Salk Institute for Biological Studies