POP3d not usable - how to debug?

Marcel Karras toka at freebits.de
Mon Jan 24 10:05:47 EST 2005

Thank you,

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:15:09 -0700
Michael Loftis <mloftis at wgops.com> wrote:

> --On Monday, January 24, 2005 14:53 +0100 Marcel Karras
> <toka at freebits.de> wrote:

> Just for kicks, try rebooting.

This doesn't solve the problem.
I found some issue in /var/log/errors but I think it's not significant
for _that_ problem:

---
master[26231]: setrlimit: Unable to set file descriptors limit to -1:
Operation not permitted
master[26231]: retrying with 26214 (current max)
(keeps on trying ...)
---

Like already mentioned: All works well exept pop3d. It is reproducable
but I can't figure why. How do you define debug_command to get gdb into
the game? Just setting it to "/usr/bin/gdb" won't be useful to me
because the only output I'm getting is: gbd exit status (0).

Any further ideas? ;)

Greetings
- Marcel Karras

Contact: toka at freebits.de   karma at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology