Seen database sync not happening between processes

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 04:02:16 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Alec H. Peterson wrote:

> Anyway, my question is this:  Is there anything that can be done to
> reliably propagate seen state changes across persistent IMAP sessions
> open against the same mailbox?

Here's a patch that I suspect will do what you are looking for (its
against 2.1.16, but something similar should work against 2.2.10):

  http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/patches/2.1.16/
     OutLookExpress-seenstate.patch

The 2.3 CVS stream has acquired a "flushseenstate" option for imapd which
appears to be a slightly different implementation of the same idea.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.