duplicate delivery suppression is unreliable

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Thu Jan 27 07:23:07 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:53:10PM -0000, Kyle Silfer wrote:
> Andreas Hasenack <andreas at conectiva.com.br> said:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 06:29:58PM -0000, Kyle Silfer wrote:
> > > I suspected a problem with deliver.db, so I shut cyrus down and renamed it.
> > > The problem remains with the freshly-created deliver.db.
> > >
> > > This is with Cyrus 2.1.15 on SuSE Linux 9.0. Postfix is the MTA. What should I
> > > be doing to fix or investigate this problem?
> >
> > Exactly what DB4 version? I'm using 4.2.52 + two patches and never had this
> issue.
>
> This is 4.1.25 from the SuSE 9.0 install CDs.
>
> Are you saying this version may be buggy and I should have the latest?

You should check to see if your package has the two official patches from
sleepycat:

http://www.sleepycat.com/webforms/patchdl.php?src=patch.4.1.25.1
http://www.sleepycat.com/webforms/patchdl.php?src=patch.4.1.25.2

Other than that, you may need to tune your DB_CONFIG file to get rid of those locking
problems, but check the patches first.

Here are some tips on how to tune DB_CONFIG:

They were originally written for OpenLDAP, but apply to everything that uses BDB.