duplicate delivery suppression is unreliable

Kyle Silfer kyle.silfer at alibi.com
Tue Feb 1 14:36:36 EST 2005

Andreas Hasenack <andreas at conectiva.com.br> said:

> > > Exactly what DB4 version? I'm using 4.2.52 + two patches and never had this
> > issue.
> >
> > This is 4.1.25 from the SuSE 9.0 install CDs.
> >
> > Are you saying this version may be buggy and I should have the latest?
>
> You should check to see if your package has the two official patches from
> sleepycat:
>
> http://www.sleepycat.com/webforms/patchdl.php?src=patch.4.1.25.1
> http://www.sleepycat.com/webforms/patchdl.php?src=patch.4.1.25.2

Turns out it had patch 1, but not patch 2. I recompiled from the source RPM
and upgraded my installation. Same issues: duplicate suppression is
unreliable. Should I have done some db_recover or db_checkpoint stuff?

> Other than that, you may need to tune your DB_CONFIG file to get rid of
those locking
> problems, but check the patches first.

OK, I have no DB_CONFIG file nor configuration files of any kind, near as I
can tell. The RPM only installed a bunch of library files and the db_ series
of utilities.

/k

--
Kyle Silfer