intergrate cyrus and postfix

Hans van Kranenburg nospam at od251.xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 4 16:56:27 EST 2005

Kern, Tom wrote:

> I also keep getting this in my log-
>
> Feb  1 14:24:45 mta1 master[19838]: about to exec /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/lmtpd
> Feb  2 16:45:39 mta1 master[31396]: about to exec /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/lmtpd
>
> According to cyrus.conf, lmtp is in /var/lib/imap/socket/ and my "mailbox_transport" entry in main.cf reflects this.
>
> So, where is postfix getting the above path from?

Yes! It's from 'master' (cyrus), not from postfix.
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/lmtpd is a binary executable, /var/lib/imap/socket/
is an unix socket... So cyrus starts the lmtpd program to read data from
the socket which is inserted into it by postfix.

Paste some complete logs which belong to an entire session, (what's
above and beneath those two lines) so it's clear what's going on, not
just some grepped lines...

Hans