Cyrus and Usenet

kael kael at alussinan.org
Sun Feb 27 13:43:59 EST 2005

On 27.02.2005 15:47, Ken Murchison wrote:
> kael wrote:
>>On 24.02.2005 15:36, Ken Murchison wrote:
>>
>>>The newsspool option is deprecated and not needed.
>>
>>I have managed imapd.conf like this:
>>
>>partition-default: /var/spool/imap
>>partition-news: /var/spool/imap/news
>>altnamespace: yes
>>newspeer: news-in.newsfeeds.com:119 news-out.newsfeeds.com:119
>>unixhierarchysep: yes
>>newsprefix: Usenet
>>
>>>Have you created the "Usenet.comp.mail.imap" mailbox on your "news"
>>>partition (/var/spool/imap/news) and given at least the "anonymous"
>>>user   the "p" right?  You probably want to grant your newsgroups
>>>"anyone lrsp".
>>
>>localhost.localdomain> cm Usenet/comp.mail.imap
>>localhost.localdomain> sam Usenet/comp.mail.imap anyone lrsp
>
> Since you have enabled unixhierarchysep, you should create
>
> Usenet/comp/mail/imap
>
> This is the IMAP name of the mailbox.

I ran :

localhost.localdomain> cm Usenet/comp/mail/imap

and tree sub-mailboxes have been created, I started nntpd and nothing is
delivered into "imap".

I still don't get it. :-[

I searched for an HowTo about using Cyrus-nntpd but I can't find any,
the 'man pages' don't seem to be enough (for me).

Thanks.

--
kael