Problem with reconstruct

Lars Kristiansen lars+lister.cyrus at adventuras.no
Tue Feb 8 08:15:39 EST 2005

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currentrly migrating mailservers for a client and we are having
> problems :
> I used small perl script using IMAP:Admin to dump the accounts and ACL
> from the
> old server, and recreated the same accounts on the new server. Then I
> moved all
> spool files (having stopped cyrus and postfix first) from one machine to
> the
> other. Finaly I launched reconstruct to rebuild indexes.
>
> Up to here, all was fine, the mailboxes show up fine, all mail is there
> but for
> some users, some of the *subfolders* of their INBOX are not visible. They
> are
> present on the server, contain mails and cyrus.* files, but I cannot
> access
> them through imap.
>
> I think what I have to do is rebuild the main mailbox.db file, problem is
> reconstruct -m is not supported (says the man and the command itself).
Take a look at:
http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/Backup
http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/ReconstructMailboxes
The format of mailboxes.db used to be set when compiling, but is
configuration-option in later versions.  If "db" also dependent on which
BerkeleyDB you have.
In short, dump to text on the old machine and import from text on the new
is the way to go.