Managing IMAP book

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Fri Feb 11 12:12:40 EST 2005

Amos wrote:
> Of course if an update is approved, it would be sad if it came out and
> then immediately afterwards 2.3 was released, but then I guess that's
> life in the software world.

Well, than we'll see 3rd edition dealing with 2.3 ;-)

O'Reilly doesn't seem to care about publishing an updated book as long
as there's demand for it.  For example, 3rd edition of DNS and BIND was
published less than two years after 2nd edition, and 4th edition was
published less than 3 years after 3rd edition...

I just hope there's enough demand about IMAP books to warrant new
edition (and if new edition would cover one or two additional popular
IMAP servers such as Dovecot and Courier, it would probably attract more
readers, more readers shorter cycle between editions).