Hardware RAID Level & Performance

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Fri Feb 18 10:37:58 EST 2005

Hi,

David Carter wrote:

>We have one of the following boxes on our tape streaming system:
>
>  http://www.infortrend.com/a16f_g.asp

We use this one for mail (and two others for backup) with an Adaptec
SCSI-controller. Works fine, the only SPOF in our setup is the RAID
controller in the unit; we have only one on it, because we want two
machines to connect to the same disks so that in case of hardware
problems on one machine the other one can take over.
(You couldn't do that with two (redundant) controllers I was told.)

The performance is slightly better then the SCSI Dell Perc 3 (AMI?), the
only one I compared with.

Paul