Basic FAQs and HOWTOs

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Wed Feb 16 15:11:51 EST 2005

All of this sort of information could (should?) be pooled in a place
like the Cyrus Wiki.

I'm wondering if O'Reilly has any plans to update their dated "Managing
IMAP" book ;-)  My guess is probably not.

Cyrus/SASL is one of those great products that is very complex, and it
deserves some coverage of it's own.

Re: the below posting, a trouble-shooting section is definately in order
- some of the common problems I've seen asked (via googling around)
could be addressed in the Wiki as well.

For the record, I've run into that popular "connect to
/var/imap/socket/lmtp [ ... ] Permission denied" error (amoungst other
problems) and the explanations I've seen out there appear (to me) as
varying as the shape of snowflakes ;-)

Thanks,
_F