Basic FAQs and HOWTOs

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Feb 17 13:04:03 EST 2005

Wil Cooley wrote:

> Lately I've been trying to migrate my self-signed certs to certs
> generated with TinyCA from a self-signed root cert; that way once I
> import my root CA I can bypass all of the prompts.

Yes, that is a much better plan. I do that for my clients who have
private webmail/intranet sites, just generate a cert for each client who
will be connecting (from the same CA that generated the server's cert),
and when they install it into their browser/mail client they
automatically "trust" the private CA. No prompts when they connect to
the server :-)